10 replies to this topic

#1 Alex1340

Alex1340

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 04:35 PM

hi all, i am going though night mairs at the moment with my clutch, first i replaced the clutch plate for a bonded rally plate, and that still sliped at high revs, so i replaced the prusher plate which i should of done with the plate if i had known, but no its much better but still slips alittle and the bite point is very very very high on the pedal. i am worried its the flywheel which has ground down and isn't thick enough for the presurh plate to push on, its a 1340cc stage 3 engine. its a lighten a balance fly wheel done by MED and its Verto, so i can't have a orange dyiafram. please help
im hoping that it just that it needs time to bed in but im not that lucky.
Alex

#2 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 05:27 PM

First I would check with MED to see if you needed to mod anythig else.

The flywheel will not have ground down. The friction and pressure plates do not need to bed in.

Was the clutch OK before you changed the plate?
Have you got the correct release arm and slave cylinder fitted?

Siggy

#3 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 24 March 2004 - 06:00 PM

Strange, I'm having exactly the same problem with mine at the mo!

#4 Alex1340

Alex1340

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 06:36 PM

the clutch was slipping when in 4th and i went to acclerate, so i changed the plate, kept slipping so i changed the pressure plate, not it slips only when its floored in 3rd. right then the only think i can thing of is just the adjustment, which i have just tryed to do, but as normal the haynes manual makes little sence, tells me to push the arm away from the clutch cover, but i can't push it at all. but all this is really making me think if i want to keep the car. it has to be sorted for tuesday when the car is rolling roaded and then for Mini world 45 show next weekend.

#5 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 24 March 2004 - 08:50 PM

If you cant push the arm away from the engine, it means the stop nuts at the bottom of the arm are too tight. There are 2 big nuts on the clutch end cover at the bottom of the clutch arm, try loosening them off, wind them out a couple of turns, then lock em back together.

#6 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:50 PM

It could also mean that the pivot or centre 'bolt' is sized.

What condition was the old plate in?
Was it was worn out, ie down to the rivits?

Siggy

#7 Alex1340

Alex1340

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:04 PM

no there was stuff meterl on it, but i think it was the pressure plate that was worn out more then the plate. i just don't know what to do. i've gone out me depth and i just don't have anywhere to turn. i've got my tickets for mini 45 in april and unless i can get it sorted i can't go.

#8 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:27 PM

Just go back to the manual and adjust it carfully.

Siggy

#9 Alex1340

Alex1340

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:43 PM

right can some one walk me though setting the end stop, right i have losened it off to the end of the thread i then tryed to push the clucth leaver, but it won't budge, if i push the peddel down its fine, should i just hold it down with the peddel and set the end stop 6.2mm from the clutch cover, if its not just the adjustment, what could it be?? there was miner scoring on the flywheel but i didn't think much of it. the only other thing i can think to do is spend the £110 for the metro turbo pressure plate which is serpost to give more clamping force. please please help desperat man here!
lol :fear:
cheers

#10 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:54 PM

As its a Verto clutch, its got the short arm and slave cylinder mounted on the braket on the housing. get someone to press the pedel down and adjust the 2 big nuts so that there is the correct clearance between the first nut and the casing. Not got a late manual here to give more info.

Siggy

#11 Alex1340

Alex1340

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:20 AM

spoken to |Mini speed again and now there telling me to put a full turbo set up on, which they say will sort it out, im still alittle worried about the fly wheel. but we will see, but its just more money down the drain.
Alex.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users