Photo
- - - - -

Another Landrover Project ! This 1 Will Get Finished !

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

dad couldent help today but i now have a new phone so i got pics !:(

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

it still needs finishing as i dont like how the turbo pipe is,exaust( ordered) need fitting,electric fan needs fitting and bits and peices

servo was changed a while back so i sprayed it metallic black

its higher on 1 side than the other ( by the garage roof to see how i meen) as the new spring is on the 1 side but not the other ( lifted of course)

#32 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:16 PM

Nice work mate, we have 3 Land Rovers ourself...

Ones a 1965 with a Defender engine, and freewheeling hubs - £400 off ebay :gimme: (unfinished project).

Ones a 1973 with a v8 :(, Defender front end and fibreglass bonnet - priced similar to above, again off ebay (unfinished project).

And the final one is a 1990's defender thats our farm vehicle :lol:. Though it needs the rear beam bit replacing.

Look forward to future updates ;D

#33 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Nice work mate, we have 3 Land Rovers ourself...

Ones a 1965 with a Defender engine, and freewheeling hubs - £400 off ebay :ermm: (unfinished project).

Ones a 1973 with a v8 :(, Defender front end and fibreglass bonnet - priced similar to above, again off ebay (unfinished project).

And the final one is a 1990's defender thats our farm vehicle ;D. Though it needs the rear beam bit replacing.

Look forward to future updates :gimme:

sounds like your getting sum bargains !

we have a series 2a with a defender diesel in ( needs new chassis as its in 2 sections lol)
we have my defender 90(200tdi disco engine)
we have a defender 110 van shape (200tdi disco engine)
and my series 3 109" station wagon ( no engine lol)

edit: forgot the range rover thats a G reg classic with a 3.5v8 :lol:

Edited by racer36, 30 August 2009 - 09:02 PM.

#34 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

incase anyone is still interested i have more pics !

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

body is back on tho it still needs the sill edges putting on,doors lining up better,exaust( commin tuesday),seats ,seatbox,cd player+speakers,rear lights reconnecting,tyres put on new rims(got them just need to do it),winch putting on,spotlights and harnesses and also 1 spring and all shocks( also need to do thrust bearing as thats rattling)

back door is off the series 3 at the moment

also was driving it to find out why its running rough and poisioned myself as i forgot i had doors on now,so all the smoke was commin into the cab i had time to stop and open the door before i fell out and stayed there ! horribly sore throat,eyes and nose now aswel as feeling like crap and smelling nasty

when it was parked outside and was absolutely p11sing down with rain i was still working on it for an hour but then hailstones came so turned the key and the starter broken so i was out there for even longer stripping off and changing the starter !

enjoy the pics !

Edited by racer36, 30 August 2009 - 06:33 PM.

#35 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

I want a land rover lol

go for it, they are cheap to insure, fun to drive, have loads of uses and a perfect companion to a mini

I would but i cant even afford my mini to be honest >_< one day lol

#36 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

they are expencive to run but not for short distances so idea picking up parts,minis, or basicly anything lol

imagine u was redoing ur bathroom u would never get a bath in a mini lol

#37 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

shopping spree today ! im £350 lighter in the pocket now !

( all parts exept seatbox are brand new)

a full set of terrafirma 2 inch lifted shocks ( the best on the market according to landrover magazine) they were £140
oil filter £2
timing service kit with belt,tentioner and gaskets £33
fuel filter £2
seatbox £50
thrust bearing £10
fuel lift pump( mine packed up) £13

also a few bits and pices

the seatbox was origianlly from a 110 so i had to modify it to fit by chopping the 1 end of the box as the 90 has the fuel tank under the seat and the 110's have them at the back so they have a box for storage ( what i removed)

pics to follow(seatbox is blue)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 onefastmoke

onefastmoke

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

lol you must have a good paper round at 15 ;)
seriously though its coming on well and its nice to see younger ones taking an interest in this kind of thing, I'm just about 30 now and feeling old lol

#39 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:26 AM

lol you must have a good paper round at 15 :D
seriously though its coming on well and its nice to see younger ones taking an interest in this kind of thing, I'm just about 30 now and feeling old lol

lol i dont actually have a job anymore ! untill recently i worked at a car sales doing inspections before the cars went on sale ( and as a mechanic) it ment i got to drive stuff like audi TT'S ,subarus,focus ST's,new mercs and bmws ! i loved my job and i got paid well for it £100 a week) but now due to having to back to school atm meens i cant work anymore and my only income is buying and selling cheap cars for a profit(or breaking them for a profit)

im down to £300 now as i have now baught extended braided brake hoses,front discloation cones,steering damper ( same make as shocks) ,heavy duty turret rings and bits and peices

also got the rear shocks fitted today,engine is now running again after changing the fuel filter and pump(and bleeding the air out) also sum muppet had put the fuel lines on the wrong way round on the tank !(i havent touched theese when working) alos got the new steering damper fitted and started removing the front suspention again

more pics to come in a sec
also nice to hear from you again onefastmoke i thaught you had forgotten me ! i was going to ask for the thread to be closed as no1 seemed to be taking an interest

thanks for reading

#40 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the steering damper is what you can see in the last pic( bright blue rubber dust cover)

#41 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

got some more done today i sorted my back door as it wouldent shut,removed the front suspention on passenger side and refitted all my new parts on the same side

they were a pig to fit ! first i couldent get anything off so out came the grinder again and cut all the old rusty parts away
then slotted the front dislocation cone into the turret ring(cone stops spring falling out when axle drops its the shiny round thing in the middle of the spring at the top) i then lifted the turret into the round part on the chassis that the spring sits in and put on 2 nuts to stop it all falling back off again

slotted spring into place then slid the shock thru the middle,i then removed the nuts holding the cone and turret ring in place(spring now has pressure on them holding them tight to the chassis) and put on the top shock mounts and bolted it all together its taken the whole day to get this side sorted ! also because im using extreme and heavy duty parts the metal is thicker and the dislocation cone along with the turret ring has given me another 1/2 to 1 inch of extra lift !:D

ill let the pics help to make sense of what i am onabout lol

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
the engine crane isent taking the weight there are 3 axle stands underneath its just an added saftey feture as i had the landrover fall yesterday and the front bumper land on my collar bone inflicting a lot of pain!

also onefastmoke compared a mini wheel against one of his to scale his new tyres so i think its a good idea and borrowed it using the mini to show the height of the landrover against it( bonnet of 90 is above the mini roof !)

Posted Image

#42 Austin

Austin

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Local Club: Minis 'n' Oatcakes

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

Love it! :D 90s are awesome, wish i had the space for one.

#43 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:01 PM

Love it! :( 90s are awesome, wish i had the space for one.

mine will be for sale in a few months and as you can see there has been no expence spared and no shortcuts ! :D

this landrover is my pride and joy i dont really wana sell it :)

thanks for reading !

#44 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

YET ANOTHER UPDATE !

the suspention is 100% finished all round now,also refitted the underbonnet stuff like the cover caps on the inner wings,washer bottle,clamp for expantion tank,and the tank itself

now waiting on help from a slave (probably dad lol) to hold things together when i redrill holes for the seatbox tomorrow and also the seats,battery and just a gernal tidy up

also found out that it isent my thrust bearing that was making that horrible noise it turned out to be my powersteering pump,i had thaught it was the trust bearing as everytime i heard it i had my foot halfway off the clutch but without realising i had the wheels turned lol

anyways took it for a test run today to check how the running gear is coping on rough terrain(if theres a problem saves me stripping a load of stuff like the floors back off again later)

the ground dosent look steep or rough in the pics but pics are very deciving when it comes to trialing

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the guy in the blue is dad giving it a jetwash underneath while i took pics

first time hes been able to go up the garage to help since i built the race mini lol(so this is the first time hes seen it as it stands)

thanks for reading comments appricated

#45 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

A BIT STUCK IF ANYONE CAN HELP !?

if anyone has a 90 they may be able to help with this

i went to re-wire my rear lights back up as i had cut them thinking i was going to be putting a new tub on anyway but i did clean cuts just incase i had to rejoin them

easy so far....

looked today and there are so many wires on the drivers side( a good full hand of wires)
i reconnected thoose back together and the one side worked fine but when i went to the other side there were loads that were completely different colours that didnt match at all and also there were no where near as many? there were 10 wires max

also when i step on the brake the drivers front sidelight comes on then so does the passenger side but the passenger side blows the bulb id guess this is a bad earth?

and sometimes the landrover will refuse to turn off i have to stall it instead

for now since im changing the tub again anyway im removing the 2 square lights(keeping the lenses and cases on to look normal) as i dont need them for offroad use i just need brakelights( dont fancy dad hitting me from behind in the dark) and also indicators to show where im going with other 4x4s following

may get another 90 soon for a few bits then drop my v8 engine in and use it as a more extreme offroader

also saving for a rollcage as i dont fancy this happening to me (watch from 0.50 onwards)

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Edited by racer36, 05 September 2009 - 09:05 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users