Photo
- - - - -

Another Landrover Project ! This 1 Will Get Finished !

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

did i get a 110"....nope i baught a series 2 109" now :thumbsup:

pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures
I think you get the message lol

LOL ! sorry i cant get pictures at the moment as camera dosent work and my fone is broke :)

ill try and get pictures of the series 3 up off the ebay add tho !

#17 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

back end
Posted Image

front of it
Posted Image

series 3 inside
Posted Image

this has no engine,gearbox,interior,wiring,floor,or front windows but apparently the chassis and body is sound ill soon find out when i pick it up 2morrow ! i will start this after i have done the 90 ( shouldent be too long before that is done)

comments are welcome and appricated :)

#18 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

I want a land rover lol

#19 onefastmoke

onefastmoke

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

back end
Posted Image

front of it
Posted Image

series 3 inside
Posted Image

this has no engine,gearbox,interior,wiring,floor,or front windows but apparently the chassis and body is sound ill soon find out when i pick it up 2morrow ! i will start this after i have done the 90 ( shouldent be too long before that is done)

comments are welcome and appricated :D

I've definately seen worse than that one saved, the parts that are missing were probably worn out anyway so it will save you from having to strip them out lol. oh and I like the fact it has the original safari roof (air conditioning lol)

Edited by onefastmoke, 25 August 2009 - 09:41 PM.

#20 onefastmoke

onefastmoke

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:40 PM

I want a land rover lol

go for it, they are cheap to insure, fun to drive, have loads of uses and a perfect companion to a mini

#21 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

back end
Posted Image

front of it
Posted Image

series 3 inside
Posted Image

comments are welcome and appricated :D

I've definately seen worse than that one saved, the parts that are missing were probably worn out anyway so it will save you from having to strip them out lol. oh and I like the fact it has the original safari roof (air conditioning lol)

whats a safari roof?

it dosent look too bad but parts are gune be expencive for that as i havent seen many of theese around here

is the roof like a canopy or something?

by the way paying £122 for the series 3

any ideas if its good or bad fo the money?

Edited by racer36, 25 August 2009 - 09:59 PM.

#22 onefastmoke

onefastmoke

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:25 AM

whats a safari roof?

it dosent look too bad but parts are gune be expencive for that as i havent seen many of theese around here

A safari roof is a "second skin" above the normal roof providing an air gap between the two, this insulates the main roof from the heat of the sun so your land rover won't turn into an oven as quick as others lol.

£122 is quite cheap for one of these, did you get the v5 etc?

#23 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

whats a safari roof?

A safari roof is a "second skin" above the normal roof providing an air gap between the two, this insulates the main roof from the heat of the sun so your land rover won't turn into an oven as quick as others lol.

£122 is quite cheap for one of these, did you get the v5 etc?

hi thanks i was wondering what it was for lol i havent seen one before !

i did not get the V5 but i checked on the dvla website and it is listed as sorn so it has not been sent as scrapped so hopefully shoulde be able to apply for v5

it was full of junk when i got it this morning but having a closer look it is in much better condition than i could have hoped ! it has a few holes in the passenger floor,1 or 2 small holes on outriggers and 1 pencil shape hole near the rear leaf spring tho the 2 middle doors need replacing as theres hardly anything left of them and the 2 front doors have lots of holes but can be repaired

the grille,seatbox and radatior were in the back along with what was left of the front seats the seats went straight in the skip

however that dosent seem to bad considering what i thaught it would be ! and the seatbox is perfect ! so is the rear door ! the roof lining is all there and is still white and the bench seats arnt in bad nick either >_<

question for onefastmoke? will i be able to fit discovery axles if i remove the turrets the coil springs sit on? im planning on all discovery running gear and a defender 90 gearbox?

Edited by racer36, 26 August 2009 - 06:52 PM.

#24 onefastmoke

onefastmoke

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:43 PM

i did not get the V5 but i checked on the dvla website and it is listed as sorn so it has not been sent as scrapped so hopefully shoulde be able to apply for v5

it was full of junk when i got it this morning but having a closer look it is in much better condition than i could have hoped ! it has a few holes in the passenger floor,1 or 2 small holes on outriggers and 1 pencil shape hole near the rear leaf spring tho the 2 middle doors need replacing as theres hardly anything left of them and the 2 front doors have lots of holes but can be repaired

the grille,seatbox and radatior were in the back along with what was left of the front seats the seats went straight in the skip

however that dosent seem to bad considering what i thaught it would be ! and the seatbox is perfect ! so is the rear door ! the roof lining is all there and is still white and the bench seats arnt in bad nick either :D

question for onefastmoke? will i be able to fit discovery axles if i remove the turrets the coil springs sit on? im planning on all discovery running gear and a defender 90 gearbox?

yes it would be possible to convert to coil springs and discovery axles but please be aware that with the current ruling it will be classed as a radically altered vehicle and will be eligible for an IVA test because it is modifying the chassis, chances are you will then also lose your tax exemption. its a very grey area at the moment but some land rover owners have had their vehicles removed and crushed for that very reason already so tread carefully!!

#25 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:01 PM

however that dosent seem to bad considering what i thaught it would be ! and the seatbox is perfect ! so is the rear door ! the roof lining is all there and is still white and the bench seats arnt in bad nick either :D

yes it would be possible to convert to coil springs and discovery axles but please be aware that with the current ruling it will be classed as a radically altered vehicle and will be eligible for an IVA test because it is modifying the chassis, chances are you will then also lose your tax exemption. its a very grey area at the moment but some land rover owners have had their vehicles removed and crushed for that very reason already so tread carefully!!

i meant i was trying to keep the leaf springs but with discovery axles and steering setup? also with a 200tdi engine and a defender 90 gearbox?

also this is a 1982 so it isent tax exept is it? i thaught it was a set date sumwhere in the 70's for tax exemption? im not entirely sure

Edited by racer36, 26 August 2009 - 09:03 PM.

#26 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,138 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

lso this is a 1982 so it isent tax exept is it? i thaught it was a set date sumwhere in the 70's for tax exemption? im not entirely sure

1973 is the date - so no,.. it's not exempt.

#27 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

cheers retro10s i knew it was somewhere in the 70's

#28 onefastmoke

onefastmoke

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:33 AM

sorry my mistake, was going off the original post where you said it was a series 2 (which would have been tax exempt) only just noticed numberplate etc.
yes the axles can be modified to suit the leaf springs but you will need to get wider arches etc for the body as the discovery /defender axles are longer than series ones

#29 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:56 PM

sorry my mistake, was going off the original post where you said it was a series 2 (which would have been tax exempt) only just noticed numberplate etc.
yes the axles can be modified to suit the leaf springs but you will need to get wider arches etc for the body as the discovery /defender axles are longer than series ones

hi sorry i cant see anywhere where i have said its a series 2 lol

thats exactly the info i need ! any idea what other mods are needed exept the arches?

im thinking of using disco axles as it would them have full disk brakes :)

#30 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

more progress on the 90

im going to put the old tub on for the time being as i have got to move all my cars to a new house when i can afford to ill renew the tub( not going on the road for a while yet offroader only till i get the bits) so now have to move the range rover,109" ,sierra,quad and trailer to get my body back out ! dad will help me lift the body and roof on and hopefully get me sum welding gas to i can actually do my doors !

anyways i started removing the old shock on front passenger side( grinder again) which has taken me ages
started doing more painting on front axle as i havent done this bit yet,also reassembling my dash as it was in bits and attemping to find out why the temp and fuel gauge still dont work !( they dident even with the old engine) as to no avail they still dont work ;) will ask dad to help me figure this out 2morrow ill paint it by hand for now till i can get the body panels done as there is no point in painting things your guna take off lol will give the engine bay a second coat soon

jobs for tomorrow:

fit rear tub
fit roof
more painting
gauges
redo the front suspention again
finish dash

moest of this depends on dad to help me lift and push ( not to mention stand on) things !

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users