Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

Hello,

I've been here a little while now - m project is here and I've added a few nuggets of my technical experiance to the odd questions or two.

So far evey serious question has been ignored in favour of the threads which ask "I'm gonna stick a cosworth 4x4 Conchorde bi turbo jet transmission in my mini" type threads, typically posted by people with a picture of a scrap shell on their mum's latest boyfriends gravel drive (with some expceptions- they know who they are).

My question is.... should I hang about or put it down to experience?

when I first joined I fell the same as you "Peeed off" if you joined in you got the cold shoulder, people wanting bits and getting you running around then fading into blue yonder.
BUT all the same its a good place I have meet some of the members and sold and bought things. 99% are Great.
Do ask questions but dont exspect an answer all the time.

#32 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,673 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

We could have our own little game of Call My Bluff

Who wants to be Robin Robertson - "and the next word is Chequebookloser"

I'm saying in an incompetent librarian who trained under a former communist regime in Eastern Europe.

#33 SukiDawg

SukiDawg

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:12 AM

Well thanks for the replies, an interesting read and woohoo (not)! My longest thread yet.... Conversation starter extrodinaire...

Sincere apologies for any offence caused..

For those who have missed it - here is my project thread... Bought a shell from Carl (ANON) a few months ago, but still working on the design right now. Spent tonight weighing bits of mini on the GF's mum's fancy digital bathroom scales. Fat cow.

Cheers,

Dave.

Edited by SukiDawg, 27 May 2009 - 12:21 AM.

#34 Marky Tizz

Marky Tizz

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,434 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

Well thanks for the replies, an interesting read and woohoo (not)! My longest thread yet.... Conversation starter extrodinaire...

Sincere apologies for any offence caused..

For those who have missed it - here is my project thread... Bought a shell from Carl (ANON) a few months ago, but still working on the design right now. Spent tonight weighing bits of mini on the GF's mum's fancy digital bathroom scales. Fat cow.

Cheers,

Dave.

Not your mum's latest boyfriend's?

:-

#35 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:46 AM

I'd like to correct my first post in this thread to confirm that I have now found my cheque book :- , and my milkman is actually a milkman & a milkwoman, a milkcouple, as it were. :-

#36 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Local Club: WiredByWilson

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

*resist posting something rude about said milkman and milkwoman*

#37 maph2

maph2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Local Club: Poor Boys Warwick

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

i thought the OP's first post had some valid points.......so i suggest looking at 16vmini forum, turbominis or retro rides for technical advice

#38 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:32 AM

:- Classic thread........ :-
Only one thing worse than typing on a forum when *drunk*, and thats shopping on e-bay when *drunk*........

Jas

I totaly agree with Jas. Ebay is a dangerous place when you are on the pop. Never turn the pooter on when you get back in from a night out, not even to just check a post on here cause Ebay will suck you in and the next day you have to write a load of people to say "sorry, my circumstances have changed and I now can not afford that item. Please remove my bid" which is so much better than saying I was wasted last night, I really don't need that giant space hopper in pink or that masive gun surfboard for riding masive waves 10 miles out to sea, that only a jet ski will get me too.

#39 huntface

huntface

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:39 AM

:- Classic thread........ :-
Only one thing worse than typing on a forum when *drunk*, and thats shopping on e-bay when *drunk*........

Jas

I totaly agree with Jas. Ebay is a dangerous place when you are on the pop. Never turn the pooter on when you get back in from a night out, not even to just check a post on here cause Ebay will suck you in and the next day you have to write a load of people to say "sorry, my circumstances have changed and I now can not afford that item. Please remove my bid" which is so much better than saying I was wasted last night, I really don't need that giant space hopper in pink or that masive gun surfboard for riding masive waves 10 miles out to sea, that only a jet ski will get me too.

Well your circumstances have changed.

"I was drunk, now I'm sober, I realise that I have no need for a 2nd hand furry, pink lavatory seat cover."

Or was that just me?

#40 Shylos

Shylos

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:43 AM

I really don't need that giant space hopper in pink or that masive gun surfboard for riding masive waves 10 miles out to sea, that only a jet ski will get me too.

Haha, that sounds very specific, a couple of near-purchases of yours?

#41 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:27 PM

I really don't need that giant space hopper in pink or that masive gun surfboard for riding masive waves 10 miles out to sea, that only a jet ski will get me too.

Haha, that sounds very specific, a couple of near-purchases of yours?

The surfboard one was but I know even when drunk that a giant space hopper in pink is no good for me

#42 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:30 AM

Pass the cream for my humble pie?

Pie tastes better with coolwhip :P

#43 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:32 AM

as long as you dont say it like stewy from family guy!

#44 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:32 AM

:P

#45 Se7enS1ns

Se7enS1ns

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

I've enjoyed this thread for various reasons. Firstly, massive kudos for saying what you think (or thought at the time) but then having the plums to apologise aftewards, that was very "cricket". Secondly I also thought most people were very well behaved in response, and we all know how these types or ranty thread can get out of hand so very quickly.

I also enjoyed it because I feel the same. Well, not the same, before you all lynch me, more accurately, I agree with the sentiment of the original post, though with the benefit of being in a sober disposition. I've been on here for a fair while now, but don't post that frequently as, well, i'm a bit quiet like that. Even so, I've been working on minis for 10 years now so even though i don't know everything there is to know (who does?) I can certainly offer sound advice based on my own experience. Every now and again I have to ask a question myself, and usually these are overlooked and just drop off the bottom of the page. I kinda get the feeling that because I dont post up all the time, or divulge into my personal life, that a lot of the more frequent... er... frequenters as it were dont give me the time of day.

Tad frustrating at times, but i suppose its the nature of busy forums, and I dont let that put me off posting in the techical sections if I know the answer to something.

By the way, i'm not picking a fight, i'm not even venting spleen, I'm just waffling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users