241 replies to this topic

#166 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:56 PM

I have yet to paint the engine, and polish the rocker cover, then that should be the engine bay pretty much done!

Gunna mask the spark plugs?

(Sorry had to!)

Lovely work, as usual ;).

Haha... I'm never gonna be allowed to forget that am I.. I did actually paint the engine tonight, and I actually REMOVED the plugs! :crazy: A mad idea I know, but hey I'm a crazy kid like that. No pics as it was a bit dark, but should some up sometime soon..

I have nothing against it really :thumbsup:. Just throught i'd mention it :thumbsup:.

Glad to hear things are moving along nicely :closed:

#167 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

Ok. Engine bay finished,
Posted Image

Fitted the front lights, no chrome rings yet, I got some off ebay, but they were rough so I sent them back.. also sidelights/indicators fitted, I would advise people not to ever use Lucas products! the sidelights were lucas, the quality of them is terrible, I was close to binning them. Also fitted the bonnet, and valance.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh and fitted the doors too!
Posted Image

#168 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

Absolutely mint. Well done.
Do you have the original copper faced mallet for the wheel hub butterflies? Have the hubs got arrows on to remind you which way to bang 'em?

I think the steak is tenderised enough now. Cold you pleas eat it or give to me? >_<

#169 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

Ah unfortunately I don't have the mallet, it's on the shopping list, Last time I used a chunk of wood and a lump hammer.. >_< I think the wires were fitted relatively recently, the spare is a rostyle. But yes they do have the direction arrow!

Haha I like my steak VERY tender, thankyou.

#170 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts
  • Local Club: Minimus Maximus

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

This is going on soooo fast! lol

*jelous* ha...

#171 daveeeeee

daveeeeee

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

Looking buff!

You shouldn't need direction arrows on the spinners, you hit the flat to undo, the angle to tighten :( You should defo put a copper and hide hammer in there to make it a classic! It's a good idea to use a piece of aluminium if you've got brand new spinners on as the copper still tends to mark them.

Edited by daveeeeee, 18 October 2009 - 09:20 PM.

#172 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,432 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:46 PM

very nice!

also is that a split screen camper i see in the background of the last picture?

#173 Alex_grease_monkey

Alex_grease_monkey

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

beutiful car i would love one!

#174 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

Cheers folks! And yes it is a splitty in the background. I restore those during the day.. Damn things. OOh update, fitted the rear wiring loom and rear lights tonight! No pics as it was dark and my flash has broken..

#175 tedmcedd

tedmcedd

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:30 PM

seeing yours without bumpers has got me wanting to take mine off... serbing style.... hmmm...

looking good!

#176 rachel

rachel

Yellow Belly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Local Club: . . . Trent Valley MOC

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:55 PM

Ok. Engine bay finished,

Fitted the front lights, no chrome rings yet, I got some off ebay, but they were rough so I sent them back.. also sidelights/indicators fitted, I would advise people not to ever use Lucas products! the sidelights were lucas, the quality of them is terrible, I was close to binning them. Also fitted the bonnet, and valance.

Oh and fitted the doors too!

You're doing a fantastic job, she's looking really really smart - I love cars that have 'faces' - round headlights for eyes . . . . . just like a Mini >_<

One day, you never know we might have another one if circumstances are right - our old V8 is only a few miles away and is having a restoration - and I don't want to see it burbling around the Lincolnshire roads - I'll want it back lol

Keep up the good work - can't wait to see her with all her bits and pieces in situ :-

#177 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

You're doing a fantastic job, she's looking really really smart - I love cars that have 'faces' - round headlights for eyes . . . . . just like a Mini ;)

One day, you never know we might have another one if circumstances are right - our old V8 is only a few miles away and is having a restoration - and I don't want to see it burbling around the Lincolnshire roads - I'll want it back lol

Keep up the good work - can't wait to see her with all her bits and pieces in situ :D

Thanks :D I agree about the face thing! I told people I was fitting it's eyes when I fitted the lights.. They all think I'm a bit strange.

Good to hear your old one is being saved! This one will be for sale when it's finished, wink wink nudge nudge.

#178 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

seeing yours without bumpers has got me wanting to take mine off... serbing style.... hmmm...

looking good!

I agree! I would be quite tempted to go race stylee if I was keeping it ;)

#179 camp freddy

camp freddy

Definitely Not Camp Or A Freddy

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,696 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

perfection as always from you Peter !!! :D

#180 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

Ok, not updated this in a while so here goes.. I've been busy building it up most week nights for the past 2 weeks, it's at the frustrating meticulous stage, where every part is being examined, cleaned, and restored and painted if needed, and then fitted. I've ended up needing a few parts I hadn't bargained for, which is making me a bit skint.. new window winder mechanisms and weather strips etc..

Got all the panels fitted and built up, rear windscreen fitted, almost all the trim fitted, including a nice early spec grille, looks so much better than the old black one! Also fitted the britax soft top, and a few bits and bobs, and fitted the sidelight/indicator units the right way round.. :wub: Once I have trimmed up the inside pillars I can fit the rear side windows, and widscreen, and it'll be watertight. Next job is the carpets.. I've decided to make them and fit them myself.. just because I'm too tight to pay £120 for a new set, and I can get proper interior carpet relatively cheaply off a mate. Watch this space..

Anyway here's some pictures for your collective eyes.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by panelbeaterpeter, 07 November 2009 - 08:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users