Photo
- - - - -

4x4 ! Discovery Scrapped And Discovery Saved !

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:01 PM

yeh im having a rollcage and its reaching onto the wings when i get it done

i went out playing today and broke it :o

smashed the sill
doors locked me out
got stuck in a bog so that the front bumper was under !
also snapped the shock mount off the rear axle !
and snapped the rear spring off the rear axle so as its rusty the discovery rear axle is now going on.....

when i got back me and my mate started on the rear discovery axle and is now nearly off ! :) :o
started at like 5pm and now nearly done so need to rip the axle off the 90 tomorrow!

#47 extreammini

extreammini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

autograss - where did you go playing?? I also went out and smashed mine to balls!! Wings are all caved and smashed the lights and broke the passenger!! If I could figure out how to post some pics I would!! Lol!

MArk

#48 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

hi mate i went up "the range " which is a peice of common land behind my house but its is a good trail and quite difficut !
by the way im in tredegar,south wales

how u manage to wreck yours? where u take it?

mine is almoest finished now so far i have.....

*stripped off rear axle off my discovery chassis
*stripped off broken axle off 90
* ground down and painted the discovery axle
*sat it in place and put springs on it ready to be bolted on :(

iv done that in 2 days and iv been out in the other discovery today playing aswell lol

what u think of the speed of my work? fast or slow? ( im 14 so duno if that makes a difference)

cheers

#49 extreammini

extreammini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

i'd say your pretty speedy!

I did mine at tixover quarry! I'm in Stamford, Linconshire!! I have a HUGE list that needs doing to mine but well just cant find the time!! I think it occurred once I had hit all the trees!!

Mark

#50 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:38 PM

i'd say your pretty speedy!

I did mine at tixover quarry! I'm in Stamford, Linconshire!! I have a HUGE list that needs doing to mine but well just cant find the time!! I think it occurred once I had hit all the trees!!

Mark

i fink i got a bit done quite quickly lol but sods law is that i couldent do ANY work today as i need the rubber bushes that go on the shocks so they ca be bolted on ,i lost half of 1 whn i pulled the axle off the discovery:( by the time my dad cud take me to get some all parts shops were closed:(

u gotta avoid trees ! >_< or are u attemting a job as a lumberjack? :xxx: :) haha

im lucky my dads discovery is still ok to drive as i had a VERY scary problem yesterday

there were 3 trial landrovers up the quarry ( drivers all older than 20 )
i asked them to try a MASSIVE grass bank which goes up at 75-80 degree angle and about 150ft high! they said "you try it then "

SO I DID.......=big mistake ! i took a run and got right to the top then just as it was about to get off the bank and onto the flat at the top it got stuck!!

so im stuck 150ft in the air on a very steep,wet,grass bank with road tyres on ! then it starts sliding backwards....and the front goes sideways...!

only thing for it was to swing the wheel,and slam my foot on the trottle to get it to slide round straiht without rolling,grit my teeth as both drivers wheels come about 4-5ft in the air ! OFFICALLY SCARIEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE !!! my mate was sh*ttin himself ! so was i 2bh !

something im not going to try again untill i get a very good bloody rollcage !

#51 gregh55

gregh55

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Local Club: naaa

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

oh dear

was you at toms farm or somthing on THE WIDOW MAKER?

search it on youtube if youve never heard of it >_<

#52 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

i attempted 1 that looks alot worse than that lol !

ill get a pic when im up there next .

Edited by autograss, 03 January 2009 - 01:27 AM.

#53 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

right iv got some bad news for defender lovers........

um...this 1 aint gunna go on road anymore nor is it having any performance parts on it as i went underneath it today and poked a bump stop and it just fell off! so prodded the other 1 and....same story so im just going to repair it and just give t a B@11ocking

will upload more pics as i progress to making rocksliders for the discovery ( yes i can weld too ! ) may also fit the lift kit to it,add the massive tyres,add chequr plate around the door and sill area and cut the arches as neat as possible ( anyone got any tips for this???)

will also change the bonnet as its currently dented so i need to respray the 1 off th V8 ( yeh i can spray decently enough but not perfict lol )

can anyone on here make me a decent A-bar for the front? shops can no longer sell them as its illigal to( heath and saftey wont let them be sold because of restriction of movement when absorbing the impact of a pedistrian )

i had a nice A-bar but i kinda damaged it when it hit the floor ( banking to steep for the disco ! )

i got some bodywork skills as i can weld quite neatly,cut neatly with anything an i can spray soo theese are really going to be put to the test !

i just need to get better and mesuring and i could really do with a pipe bender as we dont have 1 also need a belt sander but no hope for any of theese anytime soon:(

im hoping to get my subs wired up in the back of the disco but need a new amp and could do with more subs anyway !( mine are two 10 inch subs )

anyone want any body parts off a discovery? iv got doors,all windows exept 1 sunroof and few other bits ! really need rid now so going cheap !

#54 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

are no landrover nuts looking at this topic no more? :P :P :D

took the disco out again and blown a tyre so changed that but going to get a good new set for it now anyway !

i PROMISE to get some more pics and work done soon ! no im back busy during the week( army prep,out door pursuites,classroom 2 days and bricklaying on friday ) im having trouble finding the time and trying to visit my girlfriend on weekends lol

soon as i get the OK from my dad to have the disco off him its going to be modifyed quickly and radicly ! found a really nice disco on ebay and he had removed rear seats and placed chequrplate there instead so i going to do the same and turn them into boxes for spares,wheel brace,chains ect...

i might just drag the 90 out of the garage on a tray and start on the disco because i really cba with the 90 atm it needs some parts and windscreen and stuff anyway so just going to leave it outside for a while

MY plan is that my dad will work on taking the 2.5 engine out while i do the bodywork and get it sprayed ! ( then we drop v8 straight in )

does anyone want a pair of cheap disco doors? they alliminium so might be of use to somebody !

dad will now loose his licence in 10 days :( good chance he will never have it back either ! :)

Edited by autograss, 07 January 2009 - 11:37 PM.

#55 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,138 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

are no landrover nuts looking at this topic no more?

Probably not because you appear to trash the cars they love :P

#56 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

How comes you dad is loosing his licence?

#57 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

he had a motorbike crash 4 years ago which gave him and my mum some nasty injuries including:
DAD:
broken hip( 2 places)
3 broken ribs
broken neck
smashed wrist
head injuries ( yes he had a helmet on )
NERVE PAIN

MUM:
broken shoulder
broken collar bone
internal injuries

my mum has re-constructive surgery on her shoulder so that is metal and wire now

my dad had re-constructive surgrey on his hip and wrist ( almoest entirely metal)
becuase of the nerve pain hes on tablets which make him drowsy ,so in turn hes having his licence revoked

i have to point out that he did nothing wrong on the bike and it was the other drivers fault

my dad was doing 55mph ( speed limit is 60) on a straight road wen a van driver pulled out at the last second and my dad slammed into the side
,in turn pushing the van 90 degrees around and totally destroying the side of the van( the metal box vans) and the bike was twisted in half

an insurance claim is still ongoing hence why we are totally busted for money atm with neither of them being able to work( when we do get money it shud sort us out tho)

#58 bluecitypimp

bluecitypimp

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Local Club: not yet :P

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

he had a motorbike crash 4 years ago which gave him and my mum some nasty injuries including:
DAD:
broken hip( 2 places)
3 broken ribs
broken neck
smashed wrist
head injuries ( yes he had a helmet on )
NERVE PAIN

MUM:
broken shoulder
broken collar bone
internal injuries

my mum has re-constructive surgery on her shoulder so that is metal and wire now

my dad had re-constructive surgrey on his hip and wrist ( almoest entirely metal)
becuase of the nerve pain hes on tablets which make him drowsy ,so in turn hes having his licence revoked

i have to point out that he did nothing wrong on the bike and it was the other drivers fault

my dad was doing 55mph ( speed limit is 60) on a straight road wen a van driver pulled out at the last second and my dad slammed into the side
,in turn pushing the van 90 degrees around and totally destroying the side of the van( the metal box vans) and the bike was twisted in half

an insurance claim is still ongoing hence why we are totally busted for money atm with neither of them being able to work( when we do get money it shud sort us out tho)

WOW :proud: hope the claim goes well for them.
lifes a real bi*ch when stuff like tha happens

joe

#59 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

havent checked this topic in a while

but yup life is preety unfair atm and this is just 1 of our troubles

the blokes reaction was when got out of the van "dident f*****g see them" and walked off leaving them unconsious on the floor! i can honestly say that if i ever see the bloke i will kill him

anywayy...

hopefully should be able to get pictures up soon

the disco has had its old beefy tyres put back on and a new bonnet

once i get this bloody mini out of the garage the disco can go in and get sorted !

next stage will be to put on the 2" lift spings,shocks and dislocation cones

then change the power steering pump and pipes as they are worn out and are starting to do my head in !
(this will be done while the v8 goes in as easier acces )

managed to get her stuck a few days ago which needed pulling out with my mums disco + a chain

thing is my bro pulled off a fast as possible with over 6ft of chain slack coild on the floor !

thaught it was gunna snap my neck when the slack finally got taken up ! even with all that force the disco only got pulled halfway out of the bog because my bro snapped the chain ! yes her actually snapped a very thick chain ! ( shows how much slack and how fast he went dosent it )

pictures will be up asap !

comments would be nice :P

#60 twiggy

twiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

Has someone been a naughty boy?

Numberplate when you bought it has a 9 in it, now it has a 0 :P

5 user(s) are reading this topic