#1 peter-b

peter-b

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Local Club: still looking

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Just thought I'd show my roll over jig I fabbed up. Having limited space to work and especially a low rolla door shed, the more conventional rotiserie type was out. My design uses the 3/8" bolt holes originally in floor/sills and attaches to square section frame. The side bar is removed to use on either side, or out altogether for working on it on floor. There's casters on bottom to wheel it around on and if nessesary you just lift up and put on stands if height's a problem. Probably not brilliant if you're doing sills but as my car is not rusty it works well for me. It's a one man job to roll over as the casters/frame is sort of under car.

Attached Files

#2 Domeo_Jones

Domeo_Jones

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Local Club: none yet

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Mate that is brilliant! Blimey there's some clever people on here, I'm just about to.post my little mini resto , git to have a go at taking the sills off this would be great, obv I'd have to take.the engine out tho lol keep it up fella

#3 tiger99

tiger99

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,584 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Now you see why the factory fitted the slinging shoes and the internal brackets in the sills! Perfectly adequate for supporting a bare shell, which is what they were designed to do.

#4 domdee

domdee

Formally known as dominicdee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Local Club: hull clubs on FB

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

good idea but does restrict floor work

#5 pump

pump

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Peter that's such a simple idea its brilliant! Im in the same position with a low garage. I have it up on a wooden dolly similar to The basic design.

Right so im going to copy this if you don't mind! What size is the box section? Can't make out is it inch or 3/4.

#6 Jase

Jase

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Nice idea, but you still need a bit of space to turn it though?

#7 peter-b

peter-b

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Local Club: still looking

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

thanks for the comments. jase, if you like, try fitting 4 casters to the side bar, then you tilt it on side required outside, then roll it back into workshop or around. It does limit access to do floor/sill repairs but it was intended for just moving bare shell about. Pump, the shell's light when it's bare, I lift it up on my own and I'm a 5lb weekling. Try the local scrap yard and see what cheap and make it out of that, the casters were from $2 shop. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users